[WEB SECURITY] SQL Injection

Joel R. Helgeson joel at helgeson.com
Thu Jul 13 02:22:43 EDT 2006

Visit www.appiant.net, watch the videos there.

Joel
----- Original Message -----
From: "Schmidt, Albert E" <AES at ola.state.md.us>
To: <websecurity at webappsec.org>
Sent: Wednesday, July 12, 2006 1:50 PM
Subject: RE: [WEB SECURITY] SQL Injection

Can anybody please provide me with advice on constructing a SQL
Injection? I am currently auditing a web application.  During the audit
I performed a Paros scan.  The Paros scan resulted in showing several
area's were a SQL injection is possible; however, unless I can exploit a
SQL injection then I am not able to prove that SQL injection is
possible.  I am not looking for complex statements, just something
simple that will provide me information to prove injection is possible.

If you cannot provide this information could you please provide me with
a reference to a book or web page that can.

Thank you,

Albert E. Schmidt, CPA
Senior Information System Auditor
Office of Legislative Audits