[WEB SECURITY] Phishing attacks circumventing two-factor auth

Nick Owen nowen at wikidsystems.com
Mon Jul 10 19:43:22 EDT 2006

I think the 2FA for financial sites "debate" has suffered from a lack of
definition of the tasks at hand and that thinking in terms of session,
host/mutual and transaction authentication can provide a more useful
framework for solving problems such as MITM, session hijackers, etc.
Unfortunately, there is no easy answer or magic bullet (as usual), but
clearly there are ways to reduce fraud to acceptable/insurable levels.

My .02,

nick

--
Nick Owen