[WEB SECURITY] Re: [Full-disclosure] comparing information security to other industries

Dinis Cruz dinis at ddplus.net
Fri Dec 22 06:21:43 EST 2006

The problem here is an economic one, unfortunately it seems that we will
have to wait for the cost of exploitation of digital (from web sites down)
assets is bigger than the money made by those 'insecure' applications.

So far, in general, the business model of the attackers has not evolved
beyond basic/simple exploits (the ones that have evolved are not significant
and probably make enough money without leving much trace).

Dinis Cruz
Chief OWASP Evangelist
http://www.owasp.org