[WEB SECURITY] Re: [Full-disclosure] comparing information security to other industries

Nancy Kramer nekramer at mindtheater.net
Tue Dec 19 19:22:56 EST 2006

At 03:16 PM 12/19/2006, KT wrote:
>What I am trying to figure out is how mature we are and how long will it
>take for to get stable?

Not very mature and it will take a long time to get stable because
programmers are just beginning to be aware of application security
requirements and then they need to figure out how to implement
them.  Remember most programmers came from a client server or mainframe
world and they "don't get it".  The consumer also doesn't "get it".  They
work great together.

I went to a PHP Conference recently and the creator of PHP said that there
is not such thing as a completely secure web application.  When failure is
a goal you will definitely get there.

I know all this because I am a programmer by background.  Most people
designing web applications know so little about security it is scary.

Regards,

Nancy Kramer
Webmaster http://www.americandreamcars.com
Free Color Picture Ads for Collector Cars
One of the Ten Best Places To Buy or Sell a Collector Car on the Web