[WEB SECURITY] "AJAX breathes new life into Web apps"

Chris.Hammond-Thrasher at consulting.fujitsu.com Chris.Hammond-Thrasher at consulting.fujitsu.com
Tue May 24 16:02:21 EDT 2005

Nathan,

This is the key question. Whatever you want to say about the limitations
of Java applets, at least the Sun (and IBM) JVM went to some lengths to
limit applets to executing within a fairly well defined sandbox. This
sandbox model combined with cryptographic code signing made Java applets a
fairly secure to run (even if there are other issues).

Has anyone thought of creating a mechanism to sign Javascript code with
code signing certificates then have the signature verified automatically
by the browser or a browser plug-in? (I have, I'm just too lazy to do
anything about it.)

-CHT

Chris Hammond-Thrasher  MLIS, CISSP
FUJITSU CONSULTING
Principal Management Consultant
Library Technology / Security, Privacy and Technical Risk
email: chris.hammond-thrasher at consulting.fujitsu.com
Web: http://www.fujitsu.com/ca/

"Nathan Tobik" <nathan.tobik at vigilantminds.com>
05/24/2005 01:32 PM