[WEB SECURITY] Paris Hilton Hack Started With Old-Fashioned Con

nummish nummish at gmail.com
Fri May 20 13:12:38 EDT 2005

On 5/20/05, Caleb Sima <csima at spidynamics.com> wrote:
> For those of you who follow paris hilton as closely as I do. There is also a
> nice bit about web security at the end of the article.
>
> It's great to see web security and paris hilton being associated together.
> http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/05/19/AR2005051900711.html

Luckily, for those of us who are less technically inclined, they
explained the complex hacker terms.. like this:

"The group's members --- who range in age from their mid-teens to
early 20s -- include a handful of "AOLers," a term used in hacker
circles to describe youths who honed their skills over the years by
tampering with various portions of the network run by Dulles,
Va.-based America Online Inc."

-nummish
--
Bigger 1:23