[WEB SECURITY] Securing apache installation with PHP

Ryan Barnett rcbarnett at gmail.com
Thu May 19 15:55:11 EDT 2005

Valid point.  The feasibility of utilizing this technique in
production will vary.  Of course there is overhead, how much depends
on tons of factors such as; load of visitor traffic, your CPU speed,
RAM, etc...

A more elegant approach would probably be to implement mod_perl and
have it alter this data on the fly.  At least with that mechanism,
mod_perl already has the perl interpreter fired up and ready to go.

OK, all you Perl Gurus on the list - the challenge that I pose to you
all is to come up with some code to not only alter the Server Banner
info but to also make it dynamic (meaning that it randomly changes).
I would do this but my Perl-Fu needs some work and I just do have the
time.

Any takers?

--
Ryan C. Barnett
Web Application Security Consortium (WASC) Member