[WEB SECURITY] Securing apache installation with PHP

Peter Motykowski pmotykowski at suncorp.coop
Thu May 19 11:56:14 EDT 2005

Does spawning a shell command to alter the banner of each outgoing HTTP packet introduce a significant load to the Apache server?  I was doing something similar with the Apache's reverse proxy but never carried that experiment into a production environment.  In that instance I was substituting certain text strings with 'replace' and was worried about the scalability of such a solution.

Peter