[WEB SECURITY] Improving Authentication on the Internet

Gervase Markham gerv at gerv.net
Wed May 11 14:06:37 EDT 2005

On the 17th of this month, at the invitation of Comodo, the major CAs
and browser vendors (including mozilla.org) are having a meeting in New
York to discuss some of the issues surrounding the future of SSL and
trust on the Internet.

As a way of working out my thinking on this, I've written a paper called
"Improving Authentication On The Internet":

It starts with the basics, mostly as a way to confirm that my
understanding of the current situation is correct. All comments, both
correcting my facts and giving alternative views, are very welcome.

The Web Security Mailing List