[WEB SECURITY] Security Audit Software

Arin Komins akomins at uchicago.edu
Thu Jun 23 12:24:00 EDT 2005

On Wed, 22 Jun 2005, dpw wrote:

:Subject: [WEB SECURITY] Security Audit Software
:
:Howdy everyone,
:
:I need to research and hopefully purchase some software to help us evaluate
:and test the web apps we develop. I realize that the readers of this list
:are immeasurably more qualified to identify the strengths / weaknesses of
:these kinds of software than I am, and hope someone out there can give me
:some useful insight.
:
:SPI Dynamics is so far the only software on my radar for this purpose, but
:does anyone else have recommendations for security auditing software they
:trust? Alternatively - does anyone own / use SPI Dynamics' software, and do
:you feel that it's worth a purchase?

I've got a corollary question:

Does anyone have a good list of requirements that they use while
evaluating products in this space?

If you, would you be willing to share?

Thanks,

Arin
Arin Komins			       	      akomins at uchicago.edu
Assistant Director/ENSS
University of Chicago/NSIT/ENSS			tel: (773)834-4087
1155 E. 60th St. #418	 Chicago, IL 60637	fax: (773)702-0559