[WEB SECURITY] security audit - how to avoid legal prosecution

Randal L. Schwartz merlyn at stonehenge.com
Wed Jun 8 15:04:11 EDT 2005

>>>>> "Maxim" == Maxim Kostioukov <maxim at francoudi.com> writes:

Maxim> Randal, your story is shocked... Especially size of the
Maxim> penalties 10 years ago. Now we would expect something even more
Maxim> serious... Your story must be told to everyone who is going to
Maxim> make a security "research". The point is that because of legal
Maxim> possibility to got you down the other side may do it just
Maxim> because a top manager was pissed off and really wanted this.

I'm available for a talk I call "Just another convicted Perl hacker",
about 90 minutes, on any program anywhere in the world, as long as
it's not too much out of pocket for me to present.  I've presented
this talk a few dozen times over the last 10 years, but I could always
tell it a few more dozen times.

Please invite me.