[WEB SECURITY] security audit - how to avoid legal prosecution

Maxim Kostioukov maxim at francoudi.com
Wed Jun 8 14:16:32 EDT 2005

Randal, your story is shocked... Especially size of the penalties 10 years ago. Now we would expect something even more serious... Your story must be told to everyone who is going to make a security "research". The point is that because of legal possibility to got you down the other side may do it just because a top manager was pissed off and really wanted this.

As I say before it might be considered as internal audit. But in any case would someone draft a template of agreement that is usually used in this case. I am not sure that free style email like "yes, do it" from a manager would be legally sufficient, wouldn't? Specially for external audits...