[WASC-WAFEC] WAFEC Call for Volunteers

Tony Turner tony.turner at owasp.org
Tue Jan 26 03:10:34 EST 2016

A quick update, we are in the process of integrating comments from the core
team since the Christmas holidays and are soliciting some assistance for
additional sections from the community below. Once we have these sections
completed and comments integrated we will send out a draft for the
community to review.

We are requesting volunteers to write up the following sections for WAFEC
v2.0:

   - Differences between WAFs and next-generation firewalls and intrusion
   prevention systems
   - Performance and reliability criteria
   - Anti-automation/anti-bot capabilities
   - Anti-fraud capabilities, credential theft
   - Threat intel/reputation capabilities
   - Hybrid and cloud deployment models (Diving into CDN technology would
   be useful)

If you are interested in contributing to any of these sections or becoming
a core team member, please email me and let me know what you'd like to work
on. Thanks!

--
Tony Turner
OWASP Orlando Chapter Founder/Co-Leader