[WASC-WAFEC] Selecting a new leader

Ofer Shezaf ofer at shezaf.com
Mon Nov 17 15:45:38 EST 2014

Hi everyone,

As you most probably noticed, I was not able to push this project forward. As my work is not related to application security in the last few years, I find myself getting further and further from the subject.

If we want this project to move forward, we need volunteers to lead it. The criteria in my mind are:

*         Not working for a WAF vendor  (mandatory).

*         A WAF expert (highly recommended).

*         Willing to write the bulk of the document (highly recommended).

As a first stage I suggest seeking volunteers, on this mailing list or others. Once we have volunteers to lead, we should vote. Since a team project requires someone who would be accepted by the team, I suggest a yes/no vote for each candidate in which the one to get most yes votes is elected but has to have above 50% yes votes.

If nobody volunteers, or nobody wins the confidence of the team, I think the conclusion would be that the project has reached its conclusion.

~ Ofer

Ofer Shezaf

ofer at shezaf.com <mailto:ofer at shezaf.com> , +972-54-4431119