[WASC-WAFEC] Gartner’s Magic Quadrant

Anton Chuvakin anton at chuvakin.org
Sun Jun 22 23:03:50 EDT 2014

On Fri, Jun 20, 2014 at 6:42 PM, Christian Heinrich <
christian.heinrich at cmlh.id.au> wrote:

> Since the Gartner Magic Quadrant I believe we should include
> consideration of http://blogs.gartner.com/adam-hils/tag/waf/ within
> the next release of WAFEC, specifically if there is something missing
> from WAFEC that was considered by Gartner?
>
> Aside from Common Criteria, the Gartner Magic Quadrant is a major
> factor in selecting a WAF product?
>
> This may also increase the visibility of the next release of WAFEC if
> it is cited by Gartner.
>
> Please let me know your thoughts?

Well, I am not from the team that created the document, but I was one of
the reviewers.

If you have any data you want to pass to the author team, I'd be happy to
do it. The doc is very new and at this point [frankly] is not yet a major
force for WAF selection -- but given the influence of other MQ docs, it is
very likely to be.

Also,  if you [or anybody else on the list] has any *specific* feedback you
want passed to the team authors, I can do that too.

--
Dr. Anton Chuvakin
Site: http://www.chuvakin.org