[WASC-WAFEC] Gartner's Magic Quadrant

Christian Heinrich christian.heinrich at cmlh.id.au
Sat Jun 21 04:17:54 EDT 2014

Matthieu,

On Sat, Jun 21, 2014 at 5:39 PM, Matthieu Estrade
<matthieu.estrade at gmail.com> wrote:
> I also agree here, Gartner MQ is a market analysis and not a technical
> analysis as WAFEC is.
> WAFEC goal is to provide a list of criteria to let people choose the good
> WAF considering their Web apps, infrastructure, context etc.

Even if a WAF has a superior technical capability, the management
accountable for procurement have never been fired for purchasing an
inferior product listed on the Gartner MQ.

Hence, WAFEC should influence Gartner to require mandatory technical
controls in their product selection of the MQ.

Maybe Gartner had also considered WAFEC when creating their crietria
for the MQ for instance?  We can't answer this question until we have
completed this research as any statement until then is hearsay.

--
Regards,
Christian Heinrich

http://cmlh.id.au/contact