[WASC-WAFEC] Gartner's Magic Quadrant

Christian Heinrich christian.heinrich at cmlh.id.au
Sat Jun 21 03:22:26 EDT 2014

Klaubert,

On Sat, Jun 21, 2014 at 2:05 PM, Klaubert Herr da Silveira
<klaubert at gmail.com> wrote:
> Gartner MQ is normally high level, and wide in aspects considered (market
> share, global/regional presence, and the testimonial of users about the
> product and support). The product is just one of then. And I see wafec with
> the potential for a technical view, that MQ don't offer. Allows the user to
> a more deep technical evaluation of the products.
> Be referred by Gartner will bring good exposure, no doubt.

I agree with the above but without a reasonable analysis of the
methodology used by Gartner to produce the Magic Quadrant I can't make
a definitive assertion.

At the very least we will learn what Gartner consider important which
may not be technical aspects of a WAF, such as vendor solvency,
support, etc.

Inversely, we may be able to influence Gartner in what technical
feature should be mandatory for a WAF for their next release of the
Magic Quadrant.

I have created and an informal TODO list at
https://github.com/cmlh/WAFEC/issues and added this to it.

--
Regards,
Christian Heinrich