[WASC-WAFEC] Question about WAFEC.

Christian Heinrich christian.heinrich at cmlh.id.au
Fri Jun 20 19:34:07 EDT 2014

Robert,

On Sat, Jun 21, 2014 at 8:21 AM, Robert A. <robert at webappsec.org> wrote:
> We'll agree to disagree. WASC has not had nearly the drama of OWASP, and
> we're going to keep it that way. Facts dictate reality as far as I, and a
> few other WASC officers are concerned who I have spoken to this about.

On Sat, Jun 21, 2014 at 8:21 AM, Robert A. <robert at webappsec.org> wrote:
> I really do appreciate the care you're putting in to making this a solid
> project. Please just remember we are a seperate organization than some of
> the others you've worked with and should be treated as such.

Josh Sokol (OWASP Board Member) independently reviewed the root cause
of the my dispute with OWASP and his opinion is that Dinis Cruz's
intent was nothing more than a personal attack according to
http://lists.owasp.org/pipermail/owasp-board/2014-February/013107.html

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/technology/queensland-police-file-still-open-on-smh-hack-story/story-e6frgakx-1226322314514
... since people then ask :)

contributing to WASC from my @cmlh.id.au was due to the incorrect
opinion they held of me was the same incorrect opinion OWASP held for
WASC.

This is also the reason why I moved from positively contributing to
the OWASP Top 10 to http://cwe.mitre.org/top25/contributors.html too.

Furthermore, I still maintain a relationship with people who have
positively contributed to OWASP in the past but are deluded with the
preferential treatment of OWASP Board Members vested self interests
and I encourage them to consider contributing to WASC, SafeCODE, etc
where their contribution is valued.

I am extremely grateful for the respect and welcome that WASC has
shown me and intend to treat others with the same courtesy, including
people still associated with OWASP.

--
Regards,
Christian Heinrich