[WASC-WAFEC] Question about WAFEC.

Christian Heinrich christian.heinrich at cmlh.id.au
Thu Jun 19 00:29:00 EDT 2014

Klaubert,

I have made the assumption that:

1. Your an experienced end user of ModSecurity i.e.
http://br.linkedin.com/pub/klaubert-herr/51/b58/128

2. ... and also the developer of http://waf-fle.org/about/ i.e. a
ModSecurity Console which is GNUv3 licensed i.e.
https://github.com/klaubert/waf-fle/blob/master/LICENSE

I am seeking end users i.e. 1. above

Therefore, the conflict of interest would be 2. which could be
resolved if the other developers of competing ModSecurity Console(s),
such as http://www.jwall.org/, etc.

If this can't be resolved without dispute then I could credit your
[accepted] contribution as a ModSecurity "Independent Developer" (i.e.
not the vendor Trustwave) since I would like to declare any possible
bias, even unintended, within WAFECv2

The "Independent Developer" classification is different from the
contributions made by vendors themselves such as Imperva, Trustwave
and possibly https://www.ironbee.com/ i.e. Qualys, etc.

I have no issue if you would like to highlight that you contributed x,
y and z to WAFECv2 on http://waf-fle.org/ of which the reader was able
to click a link which would also provide a list of other possible
solution(s) that adhered to x, y and z of which the other vendors
would have to undertake their own evaluation with an independent
testing authority.

Does this seem reasonable?