[WASC-WAFEC] Annexure or Supplement Proposed by F5

Kit Wetzler Kit.Wetzler at citrix.com
Sun Oct 21 12:42:41 EDT 2012

I agree with this as well.  I'd rather not complicate the situation.  It's hard enough to select and differentiate a WAF, let alone to go into the ecosystem a WAF lives in.  (and this is coming from a load balancing vendor!)

The best thing we can do for WAFEC, imho, is to keep it as simple as possible, to describe the various capabilities of WAFs (security and visibility) and let the customer decide which deployment mode to use.  (That said, I'm happy to describe theoretical deployment modes - integrated to load balancer, inline, proxy, span port, integrated to server, etc, since they DO differentiate.)

--
Kit Wetzler
Citrix Systems, Inc