[WASC-WAFEC] WAFEC 2 outline

Ofer Shezaf ofer at shezaf.com
Tue Nov 20 07:54:43 EST 2012

* I agree with you comment on section 6.1 - it tries to get too much into one box - and split it to two, calling the new section "Integrated Related Features". Updated outline uploaded (with revision marks in the Word version).

* Not fair to pick my espresso machine example :-). IPSs were more on my mind. My experience is that definitions tend to be fuzzy and open to interpretation. Identifying the criteria from WAFEC that if missing would disqualify a product from being a WAF would clear such ambiguity. That said, let's see how the definition section evolves.   The minimum list is just picking up criteria so it is easy to create (though open to a lot of discussion).

* As to use cases: my list is an opening salvo, I did not right the section. I agree that in light of our selection of threats and techniques in section 3, we may need to amend the use case chapter.

* Lastly, I have listed you to "Integrated Related Features" and "non-technical criteria". Thanks!!! Before diving into your e-mail I volunteered for "Alternative solutions" if this is OK with you. Let me tackle the other two sections you asked about in a different e-mail (I need more time...).

~ Ofer