[WASC-WAFEC] Vote on making WAFEC a WASC/OWASP project

Christian Heinrich christian.heinrich at cmlh.id.au
Tue Nov 13 02:48:46 EST 2012

Ofer,

On Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 5:19 PM, Ofer Shezaf <ofer at shezaf.com> wrote:
> For better or worse I would not give Christian suggestion to keep only OWASP
> in the name a lot of weight  (sorry Christian). It is not a general opinion
> but a single voice. As Christian has reservations about OWASP and hence a
> joined project , I would take it is away to convey his (valid) opinion about
> the initiative.

In the context of the above (project name) item then *no* I don't have
reservations about OWASP based on the reasons stated in your proposal
hence my recommendation to remove WASC from the name of the (WAFEC)
project.

However, if WASC would like to a) remove the vendor perception and b)
promote it to the wider community then this could be (better) achieved
by with end users (not vendors) presenting WAFEC at OWASP Chapters and
Conferences.

--
Regards,
Christian Heinrich