[WASC-WAFEC] Vote on making WAFEC a WASC/OWASP project

Christian Heinrich christian.heinrich at cmlh.id.au
Mon Nov 12 15:55:49 EST 2012

Ofer,

I have been able to address some but not all of your e-mail and I will
attempt to complete the reply over this weekend i.e. before 19
November.

Below is what I can address right at this moment:

On Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 9:17 PM, Ofer Shezaf <ofer at shezaf.com> wrote:
> ·         The name, when affiliation is used, would be "The WASC/OWASP Web
> Application Firewall Evaluation Criteria".

This doesn't resolve the issue around the (false) vendor perception of
WASC, since "WASC" would still be quoted within the project title.

Hence, I would recommend that we remove "WASC" and give complete
project ownership to OWASP i.e. "The OWASP Web Application Firewall
Evaluation Criteria" otherwise this (false) perception would remain?

On Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 9:17 PM, Ofer Shezaf <ofer at shezaf.com> wrote:
> ·         Participation is open for all and does not require being an OWASP
> or a WASC member.

Will I be able to present WAFEC at OWASP Conferences and Chapters?

On Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 9:17 PM, Ofer Shezaf <ofer at shezaf.com> wrote:
> Vote Yes/No. Voting is open until Nov 19th EOD (American Samoa, that is
> UTC-11, time zone)

I believe the vote should be weighted somehow based on people
allegiance to OWASP and/or WASC otherwise the vote could be perceived
as bias?

--
Regards,
Christian Heinrich