[WASC-WAFEC] Making WAFEC a joined WASC/OWASP project

Christian Heinrich christian.heinrich at cmlh.id.au
Thu Nov 1 04:32:54 EDT 2012

Ofer,

On Thu, Nov 1, 2012 at 6:14 PM, Ofer Shezaf <ofer at shezaf.com> wrote:
> I don't think the OWASP elections are of essence in this case. Neither
> organizations nor projects should stop due to elections, and in any case
the
> elections have taken place and the not much has changed on the board.

The stability of the OWASP Board is of the upmost importance and their *recent
election is under dispute*.

However, I don't believe that a formal relationship with OWASP would
provide WAFEC with any additional benefit and *would greatly harm WAFEC*:

1. *Trustwave dominate the OWASP Board* and have exerted the influence to
manipulate various outcomes to their sole benefit e.g.
https://lists.owasp.org/pipermail/committees-chairs/2011-September/000574.html

2. The OWASP *GPC is abused by Aspect Security* to maintain exclusive
control of various projects, such as the
https://lists.owasp.org/pipermail/global-projects-committee/2011-August/002311.htmli.e.
Jason Li, Arshan Dabirsiaghi and Juan Carlos Calderon are all
employees of Aspect Security and neither has development continued on
owasp-java-waf since this e-mail by Juan (who had nothing to do with these
politics at the time of this event as he was not an Aspect Security
employee at the time).

3. *OWASP own admission is that WASC has further reach* via our
websecurity at mailing list i.e.
http://lists.owasp.org/pipermail/owasp-board/2007-March/005552.html and
this is further supported by their continued spam of WASC mailing lists
i.e. https://www.google.com.au/search?q=site:lists.webappsec.org+owasp

Ultimately, OWASP intents to dissolve WASC and take ownership of our high
quality projects from the WASC Board i.e. "*Talking about WASC, we should
merge :) (as in WASC joins OWASP , and OWASP keeps the brand)*" as quoted
from http://lists.owasp.org/pipermail/owasp-board/2007-July/005773.html.

Furthermore, I will no longer be able to participate in WAFEC as I have
been terminated (without a corresponding bylaw) from OWASP even thought it
is widely disputed that I won both the unfair trial and flawed appeal when
the OWASP Board deliberately chose not to consider natural justice,
procedural fairness or impartiality and the OWASP Board has deliberately
withheld the release of information i.e.
http://lists.owasp.org/pipermail/owasp-leaders/2012-February/006827.html

Going forward, the relationship I would support would be promoting WAFEC on
https://lists.owasp.org/listinfo/owasp-leaders as
https://www.owasp.org/index.php/User:Oshezaf and I am also willing to
consider an offer from OWASP to promote the final release of WAFECv2 on
their owasp-all@ mailing list?

--
Regards,
Christian Heinrich