[WASC-WAFEC] WAFEC writing and review procedure / schedule
ofer at shezaf.com
Thu Dec 20 15:45:41 EST 2012
One addition: if you would like to use the WASC Wiki which is used for WAFEC
to post drafts, contact me to get an account.
From: Ofer Shezaf [mailto:ofer at shezaf.com]
Sent: Monday, December 10, 2012 2:56 PM
To: 'wasc-wafec at lists.webappsec.org'
Subject: WAFEC writing and review procedure / schedule
As the target date for submitting a draft for the different sections is
getting near (Dec 31st!), I would like to touch on few points regarding
First, I will take the chapters no one volunteered for.
Formats, submission and reviews:
o Each contributor can select whatever format they wish to write in, as
long as they can share with the list in a format that everyone can read and
that I can aggregate later on. HTML would be best. If you use a Word, share
with the list in PDF and send me the word file for consolidation once the
o You can either use the WAFEC Wiki to upload the files (I can assist) or
store wherever you want (for example OWASP wiki). Send only links to the
o Please send your comments publicly to the list. I think the discussion
should be public.
* When the final drafts are in, I will consolidate the documents to
ensure consistent formatting.
* Dec 31st - 1st draft
* Jan 22nd - review period
* Jan 31st - final draft incorporating review.
* Feb 25th - RSA - I would like to shoot for actually releasing for
RSA. Let's make final decision once the 1st drafts are out.
As a reminder, this is the list of contributors:
* Introduction - Ofer Shezaf
* What is a WAF? - Achim Hoffmann
* Security - threats and mitigation - Ryan Barnett
* Security - protection techniques - Ryan Barnett
* Environment suitability (Deployment Options) - Mark Kraynak
* Supporting functionality - management, reporting and analytic,
security - Ofer Shezaf
* Supporting functionality - Performance, reliability, physical
characteristics - Ofer Shezaf
* Supporting functionality - integration - Ofer Shezaf
* Appendix - Integrated Related Features - Erwin Huber
* Appendix - none technical criteria - Erwin Huber
* Appendix - alternative solutions - Ofer Shezaf
[+972-54-4431119; ofer at shezaf.com <mailto:ofer at shezaf.com> , www.shezaf.com
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the wasc-wafec