[WASC-WAFEC] WAFEC v2 Step 1

Mark Kraynak mark at imperva.com
Wed Feb 23 03:40:08 EST 2011

The first set of links (attrition.org) is indeed pretty old.  In my work with the ICSA I've found them to be at least as competent/authentic/etc as NSS (whom I've interacted with much less).  I don't have any experience with AISEF. As with anything YMMV. The problem I would foresee with independent testing is that to get it right, and more importantly to secure the cooperation of vendors, there needs to be a process by which the vendor can respond to any configuration errors that might result in their offering testing less well that it should. ICSA has a process for this that seems to work in getting vendor cooperation.  I haven't seen this from either of the other organizations you cite (though, again, I've worked with them less/none at all).

On the other point, I'm confused. Are you saying that the WAF's ability to perform input/output validations should not be a part of the WAFEC?