[WASC-WAFEC] IronBee -- a new Apache-licensed web application firewall

Ivan Ristic ivan.ristic at gmail.com
Tue Feb 22 06:39:32 EST 2011

I would like to introduce to you IronBee, a new open source web
application firewall:

    https://www.ironbee.com
    https://www.ironbee.com/dl/ironbee-whitepaper.pdf

I am writing to this list because I expect there will be an overlap
between WAFEC and the documentation effort at IronBee. In the next
week or so we will start a new section on our wiki to enumerate all
the relevant attacks against web applications and then document what
web application firewalls can do to address them (with a view to
implement those defences in IronBee).

We should perhaps include a copy of the wiki content in WAFEC itself.
After all, one of our goals would be helping end users to understand
what WAFs can and cannot do.

I should also mention that we use a business-friendly Apache 2
licence, and that we will happily work with vendors (old or new).

--
Ivan Ristić