[WASC-SATEC] Phase II: Are you an author or reviewer?

McGovern, James james.mcgovern at hp.com
Tue Jan 10 12:14:34 EST 2012

1.       In terms of results portability, is it more about having an industry standard format or more about the ability for the specification of the existing format to be published and consumed via tools such as Dinis Cruz's most wonderful O2 platform?

2.       Licensing can either be an enabler or an impediment to rolling out the tools to the developers that need them. I would like to see this rated high.

3.       We need a way to "classify" projects. This requires the capture of more "metadata". The traditional view of static analysis is to focus on "MY PROJECT" but think about the scenario of a large enterprise that has thousands of "MY Projects".

4.       Licensing should be separated out into: how can run a scan, who can read/create reports, who can bring up results in IDE so that they can remediate code.