[WASC-SATEC] Phase II: Are you an author or reviewer?

Sherif Koussa sherif.koussa at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 16:39:38 EST 2012

Hi All,

So we have been working for about 4-5 months now, trying to figure out what
matters most to software companies which may be trying to acquire a Static
Code Analysis tool. I think we have a very good set of criteria, which were
vetted several times, these were captured in the form of categories and
sub-categories (headers and sub-headers mainly) in the Wiki page here
http://projects.webappsec.org/w/page/42093482/Static%20Analysis%20Tool%20Evaluation%20Criteria%20Working
.

So now we got the categories and sub-categories locked down, we need to
start the next phase, which is about fleshing the categories and
sub-categories out and explain what each of them means. If you need an
example, please visit the WASSEC project
http://projects.webappsec.org/w/page/13246986/Web%20Application%20Security%20Scanner%20Evaluation%20Criteria
get a sense of how the finished criteria would look like.

Now, we need authors who are going to actually start fleshing out
(write\explain) the categories and sub-categories and we need reviewers who
will review the authors' work and suggest modifications.

*if you have cycles in the next two month, please reply to this email with
either "Author" or "Reviewer" to indicate the role you would like to play
in the next period.*

Ideally, we would like to keep the workload per contributor to less than 2
hours a week for the next two months. We should be able to achieve this
considering that we have almost 40 people on this mailing list.

Please let me know if you had any comments, suggestions or questions.

Regards,
Sherif